There are currently 400 to 500 refugees living in Caen, around 100 of them on the Presqu'île. SOS CHAI provides food, hot and cold drinks, friendship and support to refugees living, legally or illegally, in the Caen Presqu'île area. Working out of a converted ambulance, the ministry was first established in the "Jungle" refugee camp in Calais, moving to Caen in 2017 following the demolition of the Calais camp. We are looking for an individual to help us to fulfill and build-up our capacity to aid and support the refugee community in Caen.
Key tasks will include: -
- Coordinating a volunteer team in the delivery of a regular service (currently once weekly) of food, hot drinks and other support to the Presqu'île refugees.
- Developing relationships with refugees to establish needs and expectations.
- Managing / overseeing all project resources, including, budget delivery, food stocks and provisions, team values and performance.
- Liaising as appropriate with local authorities and NGOs active in the field.
- Ensuring a loving, unconditional offer of hospitality to the refugee community.
- Resourcing a network of prayer for the ministry and for the refugees themselves.
- Working with the partner organization to integrate refugee ministry into our strategy for mission and church-planting.
Key Skills: strong leader; passion for ministry to refugees; comfortable working with Muslims and others; organised; self-motivated; willing to multi-task; equipper and motivator of others; French speaker or willing to learn; team worker.